Colorado Regional Combine
and All-Star Dual
and All-Star Dual
*OPEN TO ALL wrestlers from Colorado and Surrounding States!*
There are some talented wrestlers west of the Mississippi, and speaking regionally we are talking about states like Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, Nebraska, Kansas, so on and so forth. Quite frankly though, not enough of these willing and able high school wrestlers have the chance to compete at the next level. At Ferrum Prospects, we want to help provide a unique opportunity for wrestlers to showcase their skills in front of college coaches. By pulling together the elements of a technique camp, a high intensity practice session, and embracing the battle in a mini-tournament, we are providing this combine opportunity for a fun-filled weekend of tough, competitive wrestling to highlight the abilities of our combine participants!
This event is open to all wrestlers from around the country, and specifically to wrestlers within the vicinity of Colorado. Our combine features several different clinicians, who help run athletes through an intensive set of practices, along with a little technique, some evening wrestle-offs, and we work until we have a top matchup. Then on the final evening of the event, we host an All-Star Dual to cap our event!
Combine and All-Star Dual Flyer & Quick Info
High School Weights (106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285) but we reserve the right to reduce or combine classes if there are not enough participants at any given weight – we hope not! The weight allowance is 5 lbs, so if you want to compete at 132, you must weigh no more than 137.0 at the Saturday morning check-in, which is the only weigh-in we will conduct.
The pool of participants will be split into two groups. In the morning, the combine participants will work with our lead clinicians (Cody Yohn, Sonny Yohn, Dalton Kelley, and Evan Copeland) in technique sessions. The technique sessions will allow for a slower-paced opportunity for wrestlers to pick up some necessary skills. In the afternoon, the group will head be put into a practice format, where we will conduct a more “up tempo” training that provides for intensive drilling and live-go’s. There will also be skill challenges, so be prepared to step-off the mat and plan to compete. After both sessions, the evening portion will feature the wrestle-off’s for the All-Star Dual.
Wrestle-off’s will be set in-house by Ferrum Prospects. We will likely seed the #1 and #2 wrestlers at each weight and random draw the remaining wrestlers to determine the matchups. If it’s necessary, we will utilize Trackwrestling to generate small brackets for the wrestle-offs, and we will have officials on-hand.
What Do Participants Receive
- Instruction and attention from some of the best in the community
- An opportunity to work with top level partners from across the state
- Two Combine practice shirts
- The chance to make one of the All-Star squads
- **All-Star Members Only** – If you make an All-Star squad by winning your wrestle-off’s, you’ll be placed on one of two teams. Those two All-Star members that compete against each other will receive a singlet to keep!
A Couple of Things to Know
- You Must Register prior to the event! – If you want to join the fun, you’ll have to register on Trackwrestling and the fee of $100 per wrestler has NOW BEEN REDUCED TO $50 until the event fills up. Anyone who, as of June 1st is eligible for the 8th up to 12th grade, may participate. There are NO refunds or cancellations once you pay your fee, there are also no walk-up registrations allowed. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis!
- Agree to the Waiver Form and Notice of Media Use – You are required to acknowledge you have read the Release and Waiver form, which also includes a notice that Ferrum Prospects, LLC can and will use your likeness, name, and also take photos and images from the event. If you don’t agree, you cannot register or participate. If you are under 18, your parent must sign you up and acknowledge that they have read the form (it is also located at the bottom of this page).
- Provide your USAW Membership Card at Signup – Same rules apply as the waiver. This will be a sanctioned event by USA Wrestling, which means you need to have a USAW card number to enter during registration and will need your card on-hand upon check-in at the combine. This is your proof of insurance.
- All Wrestler Info must be submitted – While filling out registration on Track, you will notice a few more fields than usual, approximately 2-3 minutes more of data that we need from you. This information will be compiled and distributed to any potential college coaches who would like to contact you if you’re a senior, or keep you on their radar for the future. **NCAA Rules restrict DI college coaches from making contact with any student-athlete who is not an incoming HS senior (Class of 2019). Other similar rules apply for DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO coaches but as a rule of thumb underclassmen may be observed, but not contacted.**
- You Must Be Ready to Compete! – This isn’t for the faint of heart. You will be expected to compete through every drill, technique session, and live-go. Merely “showing up” is not advised and the expectation is high for you to perform. You’ll need to bring your best if you plan on making one of the All-Star Squads. Hit up your school wrestling practices, go to the weight room, attend other club training sessions, etc. Being prepared will help your chances.
- Be Prepared, All Eyes Are On You! – Everyone will be watching you, yes, even college coaches. How will you perform in a practice setting when your every move is being dissected? We will also have honorary coaches who will join in and coach the final squads during the All-Star Dual. Finally, we are allowing a group of fans to come and watch the practice sessions and wrestle-off’s – not to mention the dual, which we hope will be well attended. Be ready to go!
Fan Access Bands & All-Star Dual Admission
These can also be purchased in advance by using Trackwrestling – simply access the registration page and press “continue” to skip past the “Add Wrestler” screen. From there you can add either a $10 Fan Access Band (a 2-day pass that gives you the ability to watch the combine, view the wrestle-off’s, and attend the All-Star Dual) or purchase as many tickets as you need for the All-Star Dual, which are $5 for adults, $2 for students. Both will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis and are limited in their quantity. Please pre-order as soon as possible!
We are currently looking for event sponsors, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through social media.
Please support our current events sponsors when you have the opportunity to do so, and remember to let them know you saw them listed on FerrumProspects.com and that you appreciate their support of our community at the 2018 Combine & All-Star Dual!
|Sponsor||Website (Click the Logo)||Phone|
|LEAN Athletics||(720) 217-8377|